Izaak Walton Killam Memorial funding the University of Alberta is open for International Students and domestic students (Canadian) The scholarship allows a Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of All subjects taught at the University of Alberta Canada The deadline of the scholarship is 28 Feb 2020.
Izaak Walton Killam Memorial funding the University of Alberta is available to undertake Ph.D. level programs at the University of Alberta Canada.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
International students, as well as Canadian national, are eligible to apply
The award is valued at up to $45,000 a year for 2 years (subject to renewal in year two of the award*), plus any applicable International Graduate Differential Fee. Recipients will also receive a certificate acknowledging their award.
*Renewals must meet eligibility requirements and submit a request in GSMS Awards Portal six weeks before the end of year one funding.
Offered to outstanding students registered in, or admissible to, a doctoral program
- No restrictions on citizenship. All fields are eligible for funding
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before the start of tenure; tenure may begin on May 1st or September 1st
- As the Killam Scholarship is offered for a two-year period (subject to review after the first year), applicants should anticipate being registered in the doctoral program for at least 18 months (as of May 2020) and should have completed no more than 48 months in the doctoral program as of December 31, 2019, to apply
- Additional information regarding eligibility criteria can be found in the Applicant Instructions document below. Please note that the GPA for current graduate students is calculated using the current graduate program graded course work. For newly admitted graduate students or current graduate students who have no graded course work to date, the admission GPA will be used.
Applicants must complete the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship application form and ensure that this form and all other supporting documents are submitted to the department by the departmental deadline to be considered for both the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship and the Dorothy J Killam Memorial Graduate Prize.
For Applicants: Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Applicant Instructions
A complete Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Application includes:
- Two Letters of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards Form must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referees. A confidential letter of reference may accompany the standard letter of reference form, but may not replace such.
- Post-Secondary Official Transcripts
- All post-secondary transcripts are required and must be complete and up-to-date ie show all coursework and grades, and conferral of any degrees
- All transcripts, other than the University of Alberta transcripts, must be official.
Note: Once the application has been submitted to FGSR by the department, no revisions will be permitted.