Position: Leadership Officer
Location: Toronto, Canada
we are seeking a Leadership Gifts Officer. This position will play an integral role in strategically building the development effort to meet and exceed our ambitious fundraising goals. This position will work with development leadership, Advisory Board members, and other staff to initiate, plan, and manage all of our fundraising efforts, including donor research and cultivation, gift solicitation, stewardship, Advisory Board activities, and fundraising events including our signature spring benefit.
He/she will be responsible for a portfolio of donors with capacity to give gifts of $10,000 and above. S/he will also work collaboratively with our development team to build our pipeline of donors at all levels to ensure a growing stream of revenue, and advance Facing History’s visibility and profile.
- Serve as primary manager for a portfolio of current and potential major donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Participate as part of a local and international team to carry out the organization’s fundraising strategy in Canada and on behalf of the work across the organization
- In coordination with the Executive Director and team, manage the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Fulfill targets on annual revenue goals and fundraising plans
- Engage targeted constituencies through development and management of additional programs and activities that deepen donor engagement and revenue growth; including private individual and corporate events and Community Conversation lectures,
- Work with the Executive Director and other Development staff on stewardship and support for the Canadian Advisory Board and committee activity
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years of moves-management fundraising required. Must be able to demonstrate past successes as a major gift fundraiser.
- Knowledge and experience in key fundraising areas including annual fund, special events and stewardship is required.
- Creative, flexible and organized professional with demonstrated team-based fundraising success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven successful project management and relationship-building skills.
- Creative self-starter able to work both individually and as member of consensus-seeking teams.
- Manage multiple needs and assignments in a fast-paced non-profit setting.
- Familiarity with the local non-profit and educational communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; experience with Sales force or other fundraising databases a plus.
- Genuine commitment to the mission of Facing History and Ourselves and ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work.
Facing History proudly values diversity and is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.